International Student Services



The purpose of International Student Services is to serve as a resource and advising center for all international students on our campus.  We understand that immigration regulations can be complex, and sometimes confusing to understand. We are here to help you! Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to answer any and all questions you may have. Walk-in appointments are always welcome, but if you’d like to schedule an appointment with your Desinated School Official, please feel free to email her directly!


Future and Accepted Students

Click here to learn more about our international student admissions or the next steps in your visa application process!

Meet the Principal Designated School Official

Lizzie Rassi
Office Location: Third Floor, Burrus Dickinson

International Student Services

Immigration Basics
F-1 Student Visa Facts

An F-1 Student Visa is issued to individuals who are engaged in full-time study with the intent to complete a degree in the United States. F-1 Students are eligible to work on campus with the appropriate paperwork and authorization from the Coordinator of International Student Services. F-1 Students are required to update changes in personal information and academic program information to the Coordinator of International Student Services. Additionally, they must continue to make progress toward their degree.


J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Facts

A J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is issued to individuals studying in the United States as part of an exchange agreement between their home school and Eureka College. J-1 Students also require authorization from the Coordinator of International Student Services before engaging in any type of employment. Additionally, J-1 Students must prove that they have health insurance for the duration of their program.

Maintaining Status

It is important that you understand the rules governing your status so that you can take the proper steps to maintain that status.

The following is a list of things you must report to our office within 10 days of any change:

  • Change to your name
  • Change to your U.S. Address
  • Change of major
  • Intent to pursue a reduced course load (RCL)
  • Graduation date
  • Change of employer
  • Confirmation of STEM Employment

You can read more about maintaining your status here.

Employment Authorization

F-1 Students may be eligible for on-campus employment with certain restrictions. F-1 students may be employed on campus for up to, but no more than 19 hours per week. If you have been offered a campus job, please report to the Coordinator of International Student Services immediately for an Employment Authorization form. Please be aware that you will be required to apply for a social security number and fill out all required paperwork in the Human Resources office before you may officially start work.

Off-campus work is not allowed unless approved by the Coordinator of International Student Services as being an integral part of your study and directly related to your major field of study.

To learn about the process for applying for an on-campus position, please visit the Human Resources page. Please note that the very first step in your employment authorization process is to initiate an interview request for a job through the Human Resources office by obtaining an Interview Authorization Slip.

More information regarding employment can be found on our office’s Employment page.

International Student Guide Book

The International Stude nt Guidebook is designed to help all international students, both current and incoming, throughout their time at Eureka College. In this guidebook you’ll find information about:

  • Obtaining your visa and traveling to Eureka
  • The town of Eureka, Illinois
  • Academic Resources
  • Paying your Eureka College Bill
  • Cultural Adjustment and the stages of Culture Shock

…and much more!